Frequently asked questions
1. What is the purpose of Homes to Heal?
The purpose is to integrate homeless families with children (and families at risk of becoming homeless) back into society through:
• educate the public about the tragedy of raising a family on the street
• advocate for more affordable housing through increased government funding
• appeal to the public for funds to enable homeless families to get affordable housing
2. Who will be approached to spread the word?
Charitable organizations in BC communities.
3. What content management system is used?
WordPress which is a state-of-the-art publishing platform with a focus on aesthetics, web standards, and usability. It is a very popular blog publishing application and content management system. Word Press users include Martha Stewart, CNN and EBay.
4. What avenues are used to spread the word?
The following online avenues are available
• the web blog – www.homestoheal.com
• email friends (standard email available which can be customized)
• write to politicians (standard emails available which can be customized)
• talk to friends on Skype
• links to other sites
• RSS feeds
• social networks –
– Digg, Reddit, MySpace, Slashdot, Facebook, Twitter
5. Who collects the funds?
The funds will be collected through St Andrew’s Wesley United Church charitable tax number.
6. Who manages the funds to provide affordable homes with support services?
The funds will be forwarded to registered agencies.
7. Who provides secure online transactions to process the donations online?
CanadaHelps which is a public charitable foundation (896568417RR0001). It is Canada’s only donation portal that provides access to all of Canada’s 80,000 charities, from national organizations like national cancer charities to smaller groups like local animal shelters and soup kitchens. For more information, go to www.canadahelps.org.
8. What makes a Homes to Heal compelling to Donors?
The story of the needs of parents and children for a safe and affordable home.
10. Who will issue the tax receipts?
CanadaHelps will issue the tax receipts based on the charitable tax number of Canadian non-profit charities.
11. Who owns Homes to Heal web blog?
Dr. Otto Toews. No fees are paid to the owner for creating and managing the web blog.
12. What fees are retained from the donations?
The fees include:
• CanadaHelps – 3% to provide secure online transactions.
13. If you have any other questions, contact the following:
a) If you have any questions, email them: firstname.lastname@example.org
b) If you have any suggestions/comments about the newsletter, email: email@example.com
Copyright © 2009. Dr. Otto Toews. All rights reserved.